Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fourteen Miles!

In a way, I'm managing my workout schedule around Team in Training. I guess I'm about 4 weeks ahead, so the long TNT runs alternate with my long runs every other weekend. The good news I don't have to be so timid with the distance. At 14 miles I felt great, I could have easily done 16. So in 2 weeks, should I do 16 or 18? I feel like I'm ready for 18 if it's flat, or at least on Sawyer Camp Trail, mostly flat. That's the 12 out-and-back, with a 3 mile retrograde. Can I use the word "retrograde" as a running term?

My time was 2:04:54, an overall pace of 8:55, roughly my target marathon pace. Which is great, except I have to practice my half marathon pace also. If I can run 14 miles at 8:15 then I'm on track for San Jose.

Managing tapers is going to be interesting.

No comments: