Friday, October 31, 2008

Dirt Trails Good for the Feet, Not Hands


I fell hard, just like the real marathoners. Nine miles into my 20 mile run. I was dodging high-fives for the rest of my run, and couldn't shake hands with anyone for a day or two afterwords. Luckily by mile 20 the pain in my legs made me forget about the abrasions. The last few miles I got to that point where each step is an act of sheer willpower. For me, that's what marathon running is about. Keep going when all you want to do is stop. With 2 miles to go I walked for a minute, but walking didn't feel any better so I ran. After 20 miles I'm not so sure I want to do this. How do I get to a point where I actually want to run 26.2 miles?

The evening featured seasonal beer, grilled salmon, a fire pit, and smores. Feel much better now.

No comments: