Friday, August 15, 2008

Life Happens, Apparently

Maybe Shakespeare was right about all that sound and fury. The current state of disarray in my house could be the metaphor of a not so dissimilar life. I look at things placed in various spaces and see some inspired, some stupid, all enjoyable, but not really amounting to much.

Speaking of running...

A week into my commitment as a Team in Training captain and I haven't set up my fundraising web site yet, I was almost late to the first track workout in spite of the fact that I drove faster than a easy-going person like myself should. I haven't done a long run in weeks. Lots of reasons, but no more excuses.

This time I stick with the program. I do the core, I do it all, I do it early. I'm setting a PR. The whole schedule goes in my calendar tonight. The letters go out this week, the money is raised this month, the races are run this year. I already have my first donation. Thanks Carol! It's happening in spite of all the things that have and always will come up in the meantime. This weekend it starts. Right now.

In fact, right now is the only time I do anything.

No comments: