Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Using My iPhone for Proper Nutrition

It was a great morning to run Rancho San Antonio, even if nobody else showed up. It's early in the season yet, and anyone who wants a good workout will soon get a clue that 7am Tuesdays are where it's at. Weekly hill work for long distance runners. Being on my own, I ran the Upper Wildcat loop as fast as I wanted, 0:55, a big improvement over the last year's standard 1:05. Feeling good in cool weather. We'll see how Dave is when he gets back from Ironman, much slower for at least the next few weeks I bet. Donna, the constant runner, was there. It's good to see a friendly face, even moving at a good clip in the other direction.

Fast forward to the grocery store after work and I'm prowling the aisles, hungry but unsure. With iPhone in hand, I googled around until I found what turned out to be a very good vegetable lasagna recipe. There's my shopping list. Some of these web sites even list the nutritional values, so I have no excuse for anything less than an optimal running diet. The Internet can do that for us.

I'm in much better shape than I was a week ago.

No comments: