Saturday, August 23, 2008

Goodbye Travis Wallace

I was on the spring 2007 mid-pen run team with Travis and Amy. We ran the San Diego Rock-n-Roll Marathon and had an absolute blast. Travis was always good cheer, whether we were running for the finish line or the airport security line. We went through a lot of lines on that trip. Right now I just want to go on one more long run together. Someone far more qualified to speak than me already said it better. Travis would not want us to be sad, he would want us to celebrate however much life we're given, and treasure friends and loved ones for however long we have them. If anything, the unfairness of it all is why we do whatever we can to find a cure. So in the spirit of Travis having fun on a run...

Old TNT friends are still running together! A few of us from last year's mid-pen team did the Sawyer Camp trail this morning with the Palo Alto Run Club. Those training for the San Jose and Nike half ran 8 miles. I continued up the hill for 12. My first 12 mile run in a while! The 7am Tuesday Rancho run is shaping up to be a real workout, 60 minutes of hills with the fast runners. This means I must keep up the cross-training and do core exercises every other day.

I'm in much better shape than I was two weeks ago.

No comments: